Shopping for a wedding dress is one of the things being looked forward to by every bride. A wedding is a once in a lifetime event, which means, brides only get to shop once. Of course, they can do dress shopping if they wish to renew their vow. However, the experience of shopping for a wedding dress for the very first time is beyond compare. The wedding dress is one of the major wedding expenses. Many brides are willing to spend thousands of dollars for the wedding dress alone.
There are hundreds of thousands of gowns to choose from. With the multitude of choices, it is quite difficult to choose which one is the best. To narrow down your choice, you have to keep in mind the following:
Silhouette – What kind of silhouette are you looking for? There are different kinds of silhouette, but the two most common are ball gown and fit and flare (mermaid dress). It is a must to know the silhouette that perfectly suits your body because through it, you can narrow your choice.
Budget – The wedding dress is one of the major expenses. In fact, it would eat 20% to 25% of the wedding budget. You need to know beforehand how much are you willing to spend for a wedding dress. After all, you can only purchase what you can afford. Some brides have unlimited budget while others have a tight budget. Your ability to search for the ideal wedding gown can be significantly affected by your purchasing power.
Time – It is a must to shop for a wedding dress at least a year before the wedding. It is to make sure you will have ample time searching for the best wedding dress. Wedding dresses are customized according to your fit and preferred alterations. If you shop two to three months before your big day, your choice will be limited. Aside from that, there is not enough time for your wedding designer to perform alterations. Keep in mind that you are not the only bride. Wedding dress shops are busy all the time, especially during months where the wedding is at its peak.
When searching for the best wedding dress that is within your budget, you should consider the following:
- Local bridal shop – A local bridal shop is a go-to-place for brides who don’t want to travel far just to search for the best wedding dress. It is also a perfect destination for brides who have a tight budget. Not to mention, the nostalgic feeling you feel shopping for a wedding dress in your own town.
- Huge wedding dress shops – If you want to find a huge selection of wedding dresses at a varying price, then go shop at the huge wedding dress stores. If you do your shopping well, you will be able to find a killer deal. Huge wedding dress shops hold a discount sale at least two times a year. There is a possibility that you will find a designer wedding dress at a discounted price.
- Designer boutique – If you have an unlimited budget and you prefer designer wedding dress, then you should shop at designer boutiques. The price of the wedding dress is on the high side but you will surely get your money’s worth. A designer boutique is a go-to place for brides who want to have a totally unique wedding dress. You can customize the dress as per your satisfaction. The designer can design a wedding dress for you. You get to decide the silhouette and the design details.
- Online bridal shops – if you want to dress shop but don’t like the idea of leaving the comfort of your home, then you can always check the available wedding dress offered by online bridal shops. There are amazing online bridal shops and they can make your vision of a wedding dress come true. There is a table of measurement and all you need to do is to click your measurement. The key here is to make sure you get your measurement right. If you got it wrong, then the fit will be compromised. It is one of the reasons why some brides never ever order their wedding dress online. On the other hand, a huge number of brides still haunt for a wedding dress online because of the price tag. The wedding dress offered online is more affordable than the ones offered by traditional brick and mortar wedding dress shops.
- Consignment store – Are you in search of a vintage wedding dress? If yes, then a consignment store is the go-to place for you. You’ll be able to find a vintage designer wedding dress at a reasonable price. If luck is on your side, you will be able to find stunning wedding dresses at a fraction of the price you need to pay shopping for a brand new wedding dress.
Shopping for a wedding dress is definitely one of the activities being looked forward to by brides to be. The feeling of excitement and thrill is something words can’t explain. However, it also brings a lot of anxiety and stress, especially if brides don’t have a complete vision of their ideal wedding dress. Shopping for a wedding dress is like looking for true love. There is a lot of available option but your eyes only set to the one that captures your heart. When shopping for a wedding dress, you need to go with what your gut and heart is telling you. It is like love at first sight. If your instinct says it’s a perfect choice, then go for it. Your budget might restrict your choice, but at the end of the day, you get to walk down the aisle only once. Might as well choose the wedding dress that you will not regret for the rest of your life. The ones mentioned above are just some of the places where you can find the dress of your dream. Make sure you consider the factors mentioned above to narrow down your choice.